Lose weight. Get the courage to ask for a higher wage from your boss. Get a new job. Write more. Spend more time with family. Learn to cook. Take an art class.
BLAH BLAH BLAH. BULL SHIT.
How about we say, fuck that! And focus, instead, on what we don’t want to see ourselves doing in the New Year.
Here is the beginning of my Anti-Typical New Years Resolutions.
- I don’t want to be perpetually sad.
- I don’t want to be held back by my mother who hates tattoos… gonna get some of those inspirational ones.
- I don’t want to find myself in another abusive relationship.
- I don’t want to keep relying on modern medicine. Fuck narcotics.
- I don’t want to be realistic. GO BIG OR GO HOME. DREAM OR DIE.
- I don’t want to be so influenced by my past that I contemplate or perform self-harm as a coping…
View original post 112 more words